Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rachel's Chest Tattoo


My first tattoo was my chest piece. Inspired by a friend's sister and the ample real estate above my very tiny breasts, Naryan at Stained Skin completed my piece in three sessions of about four hours each in October - December 2008. The picture above is after the first coloring.

The violet green swallows are representative of swallows, a family of birds I love watching, and my trip to Alaska. The bottom flower is reminiscent of a trillium, an ancient flower found rarely in Ohio. The central spiral shell is in honor of an ammonite, an extinct cephalopod related to modern nautilus. All speak to my love of nature and the circle of life.

----

Rachel blogs about edible gardening and seasonally eating at Hounds in the Kitchen.

1 comment:

Your comments mean the world! Speak!